The course covers the following:
- The anatomy of posture
- Health benefits of belly dancing
- The history and understanding of belly dance
- Styles and vocabulary of belly dance
- Belly dance rhythms (with a special guest drumming live for us)
- 6-12 week course format which can be applied to courses or drop-in classes
- Safe and fun warm-up methods
- Comprehensive lists of Level 1, 2 and 3 core movements
- A safe and effective cool down method including stretches
- Strength and drill exercises to improve muscle strength and memory
- Combinations and choreographies (constructing)
- Musicality, counts and timing
- Anatomy and muscles in more depth
- Dance technique and muscle usage
- Insurances, legalities, marketing and licences
Time: 12 – 6pm (half hour-1 hour break in-between)
Skill level: Intermediate level of Belly Dance or some Belly Dance experience (Please message if unsure).
Trainer: Anita Makwana
Venue: ZOOM Online or in person (in-person options for tests when online course)
Cost: £479 and cheaper with more than 1 person booked on. £399 when sales are on.
What you need to bring: All course materials will be provided, but please bring a pen, highlighter, notepad, water, comfortable clothes and snacks.
Spaces: Only 6 available maximum for individual attention!!
Please message book above or contact us if interested in taking part. Please also send me a message if you have any questions or concerns before considering to participate and/or if you are unsure about your skill level.