Bellydance is one of the oldest forms of dance. Rooted in many ancient cultures it caters to everyone regardless of experience – which explains why it is such a popular dance worldwide.
The dance focuses on isolating different parts of the body and moving them independently in sensuous patterns and routines. This helps develop flexibility, strengthen abdominal muscles and build upper body strength.
Our Bellydance Beginners course is perfect for those with little or no experience. Exact course content may differ depending on course length and your needs, but topics covered will generally include:
– Build core muscle strength
– Improve and learn posture used for bellydance movements
– Explore the foundation of bellydance movements, to include hip, chest and arm combinations
– Learn to isolate muscles
– Discover bellydance coordination, combinations and choreography with the use of individual movements and isolations
– Learn to shimmy and improve this movement for the duration of the course
– Increase the fluidity of arm movements
You’ll receive friendly feedback throughout the course.
CLASSES STARTING SOON:
DATE: Continuing courses (Please click link below for dates)
DURATION: 8 weeks
TUTOR: Anita Makwana
VENUE: The Place, WC1
PRICE: £130.00 (Varies, depending on course length – see link below)
Book by clicking on link: https://www.city-academy.com/belly-dance-classes-beginners
Please note that these courses can only be booked via City Academy and not on this website.